The master course is completely taught in English. Therefor good knowledge of this language is as necessary for your study as for a well working class.

You can certify your level of English speaking and writing by different things:

  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
    The most common and accepted test. You can make the classic one as well as the computer based and internet based one. Use the Institution Code 8638 for Kiel University. You must reach at least 550 point in the classic test, 213 in the computer based test and 79 in the internet based test.

  • We also accept Cambridge Proficiency, Oxford Higher Certificate, International Certificate Conference ICC Stage 3 (Technical) or IELTS 6.0 Cambridge Proficiency Certificate.

  • It is also possible to certificate that your bachelor course was taught in English or that English is a necassary condition for the studies at your university. In this case we have no test result to rank you (see admission).

  • Native speaker can also apply without a certification and will be ranked depending on their home country!